For 64 weeks our church, like most other churches, has been worshipping and serving God outside of our building. We have been very careful to ensure that we have made the best decisions we could to be as safe as possible during this time of the Covid pandemic. Through it all, we have followed the directions of our Bishop Karen Oliveto and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
We thank you for your patience and the grace that has been so evident in this church in response to the pandemic. It has been a trying and stressful time for all, and the (re)Launch Committee wants to thank each of you for being the hands and feet of Christ to each other and to our community during this time.
Given the changes in the CDCs guidelines (guideline link posted below) the (re)Launch Committee is pleased to announce that we will be returning to in person worship in the sanctuary on Sunday, June 6! The CDCs guidelines give a green light to vaccinated persons participating in indoor worship and singing.
Some important things to keep in mind:
- Unvaccinated people are strongly encouraged to wear a mask and masks will be available at the door.
- For those who are fully vaccinated, we will welcome you masked or unmasked!
- Windows in the Sanctuary and Anderson Hall will be open—so dress accordingly for those cool mornings!
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building.
- Outdoor seating will be available for Fellowship Time—weather permitting.
In recognition of the fact that not everyone will feel safe or ready to return to in person worship, we will be recording the Sunday morning service and posting it to our web site on Sunday afternoons.
The church is also now open for in person meetings and community groups.