What is United Methodist Women?
The organized unit of United Methodist Women is a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
What does United Methodist Women do?
Our members nurture one another in community and support U.S. and international projects and partners improving the lives of women, children and youth with their prayers, volunteer and advocacy efforts, and financial gifts.
Why should I join United Methodist Women?
United Methodist Women is a community of women committed to mission. As a member you can take advantage of many opportunities, including the following:
- Prayer, Bible studies and spiritual retreats.
- Hands-on mission in local communities.
- Mission education experiences.
- Leadership development and training opportunities.
- Supporting work with women, children and youth.
- Partnership with women in mission in the country and around the world.
- Advocacy for social justice issues, including those pertaining to the environment, domestic violence, immigration and the many other concerns that impact the lives of women, children and youth.
- Engagement in racial justice issues.
Twelve monthly programs explore the teachings and peoples in communities in the Old and New Testaments. God’s love serves as a model for us; Christ’s incarnation serves as a reminder for crossing boundaries to be a community with us. The programs challenge us to community formation and faith-filled living. They call the community of United Methodist Women to position itself in the intersection of culture and faith, stirring each other up for good works.
- November – World Thank Offering: Embracing Change, Sharing Grace
- December – We Wailed and You Did Not Mourn
- January – The Land Shall Observe a Sabbath
- February – Reaching for the Garments of Healing
- March – Woman, You Are Set Free from Your Ailment
- April – One with Each Other, One with the World
- May – Celebrate the Little Stuff
- June – The New Is Here!
- July – The Old Order of Things Has Passed Away
- August – For Everything There Is a Season
To get plugged into this ministry, please contact the church office.